We are looking for a Staffing Specialist to pre-screen, interview, select and prepare qualified job candidates for our employer partners. To be successful in this role, you should have experience filling a variety of tech jobs for non-public sectors.
- To provide needs assessment and develop service plan for clients;
- To provide one-on-one and group employment/career counseling sessions to help job seekers get ready for employment, career transition and advancement;
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with community organizations and partners to recruit clients and make appropriate referrals
- To advise and coach clients on resumes and job interviews;
- To support Business Development Officers and employer partners in pre-screening and shortlisting candidates for job interview and job placement;
- To maintain an active caseload, including all file management responsibilities as required.
- Advocate on behalf of clients whenever necessary, including support in areas of employment, skills training, social assistance and equitable access to services
- Meet monthly client data collection, input, tracking and analysis on all activities performed
- To promote the project and services through social media platforms
- And other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A post-secondary education in HR management, Information Technology and business management or 2 years directly related work experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers
- Updated knowledge of all facets of job search and career development esp. in Information and Communication Technology related career and labour market;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach/marketing of clients and services to employers
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Advanced user of MSOffice and social media platforms and tools
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- Previous experience with staffing agency or B2B sales is an asset
Expressions of interest, including a cover letter and resume, should be received by Monday, April 27,2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, resume and cover letter should clearly demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met. We thank all candidates who apply to the position. Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.