SENIOR CLOUD SECURITY DEVELOPER
Ottawa, Canada 196 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2020-03-11
Stop Publishing: 2020-05-10
- Contribute to a highly available, carrier grade platform which will be the platform of choice for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today –Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, DPDK, etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, accelerated networking and fault tolerant/carrier grade development.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Develop and deliver high quality designs and code.
- Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Provide consultation to documentation and customer-facing teams.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience in software development.
- Excellent programming skills using Python, Go and C/C++.
- Experience with Linux software development.
- Experience with security – including PKI and certificate management.
- Experience with IPSec and network traffic encryption.
- Some development experience with containers and/or cloud-based technologies, including OpenStack.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Experience with evaluating emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Exposure to other languages (Ansible, Puppet, SQL, Shell Scripting) would be an asset.
- Contribution to the open source community would be an asset.