We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN’s)
Product Management team. Reporting to the Vice President, Product Management; the NFVI Specialist will continue to analyse,
optimise, migrate and transform the infrastructure environment into cloud ready & cloud native solutions.
Due to the rapid evolution of the emerging network technologies for which CENGN is in the forefront; the NFVI Specialist plays
an important role in defining CENGN’s product offering, which continuously evolves. The candidate will account for the following:
• Data center deployment using NFV technologies, and interfacing with other development teams
• Expertise in the following domains:
o Compute platform architecture
§ I/O – NICs, VirtIO, ST-IOV, DPDK, Fd.io
§ Hardware acceleration: GPU, SmartNIC, FPGA, etc.
o Edge computing
§ ETSI MEC, 3GPP CUPS, NGCO, KubeEdge, OpenEdge, etc.
o Storage using CEPH
o Software-defined Networking
§ Open Source ie. Tungsten, ONOS, Open Daylight, Floodlight, etc
§ Commercial ie. Cisco ACI, Nokia Nuage, Juniper Contrail, BigSwitch, VMWare NSX, etc.
§ OpenStack Neutron Plug-ins ie. OVS, ML2 OVS, vendor specific, etc.
§ Kubernetes CNI ie. Cilium, Kube Router, Flannel, Calico, Weavenet, etc.
§ Network Service Mesh
• Experience and desire to develop expertise in network virtualization
o KVM, Docker, ESXi
o OpenStack, Kubernetes
o Ubuntu, Centos
• Experience and/or contribution to Open Source technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, FD.io, Ligato, VPP, Tungsten Fabric,
Contiv, Cilium and emerging projects)
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, or Terraform, Python, Ruby, C++)
• Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) would be considered an asset
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Sound judgment and ability in handling matters of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changes
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
• Although CENGN prioritizes relevant skills over years of experience; the proficiencies required would be attained with
10 years of related experience
• English oral, reading and writing
• French oral, reading and writing would be considered an asset
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume in confidence to CENGN by email to email@example.com. Please
use "NFVI Specialist" as the subject line.- but also notify the job owner that you are interested by responding to this job.