Ottawa, Canada 64 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2020-02-03
Stop Publishing: 2020-04-03
- Participate as an active member of an Agile/Scrum engineering team.
- Prepare and review feature and design specifications as required.
- Perform requirements analysis and design as required.
- Responsible for feature implementation and unit testing which may include creation of automated tests, test scripts, or at a minimum manual testing which exercises a large percentage of the code paths.
- Analyze and perform product system level optimizations including timing and resources (memory, storage, CPU, bandwidth).
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews.
- Review feature and integration test plans.
- Work closely with development, QA and customer support to analyze, isolate and resolve issues.
- Be responsible for minimizing number of defects escaped to the QA team or commercialized product.
- Provide input on defect priority and completes preliminary analysis prior to triages.
- Regularly review tasks on the release schedule and highlights items at risk.
- Maintain documentation for the code produced.
- Make recommendations to improve product and process requirements.
- Help to disseminate knowledge to other team members.
- Research and present on latest development trends, technology and methodologies.
- 5-7 years of cloud/web development experience
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Experience in some of the following areas:
- Distributed computing, creating scalable and highly available products
- Experience developing software with a Microsoft stack:
- Windows Server
- Internet Information Server
- SQL Server
- C#, .NET, ASP.NET and MVC frameworks
- Object Oriented Design
- Agile/Scrum process and JIRA
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Outspoken, enthusiastic, and self-motivated