CLOUD KUBERNETES DEVELOPER
Ottawa, Canada 27 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2020-03-11
Stop Publishing: 2020-05-11
- Contribute container based designs and software for a highly available, carrier grade, Kubernetes based product.
- Demonstrate and share expertise across the development team in container technologies.
- Utilize, extend and develop software tools for Kubernetes and Go based development.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Kubernetes, docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, Ceph, etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, VM management and fault tolerant/carrier grade end to end system.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience in software development with at least 3 years development using Kubernetes and the Go language.
- Excellent programming skills using Python, Go and C/C++.
- Experience with containers and/or cloud based technologies including Kubernetes and OpenStack.
- Experience with evaluating emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Experience with software development on Linux.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Contributions to the open source community would be an asset.