As the Technical Lead of our Payments Team at Fullscript you will be responsible for technical decision making and architecture of the future of our e-commerce platform. You will work with the other technical leaders, as well as the other engineers on the payments team to solve the problems of a fast-growing platform that has ever-growing demand day in and day out.
Fullscript is written with Ruby on Rails and was originally built on Spree Commerce. As the company has scaled, so too has our e-commerce engine. The team works hand-in-hand with finance, logistics, and operations, to ensure that we’re a finely tuned machine.
Our team cares about doing things well, and about the developer experience on the team. We host in-house training on all sorts of topics, from React all the way through to Kubernetes. Fullscript is a place where you’ll be encouraged to learn, mentor, and grow!
You are a passionate software developer that cares about your craft. You are excited about doing things well and want to help others produce the best work possible.
What you will be doing
- Leading one or two engineering teams working on our financial and logistics systems.
- Planning and architecting projects, and leading discussions and decisions on design and architecture.
- Helping meet the needs of the company while maintaining the technical health of the application.
- A proven track record of leading software development teams in the past.
- Passionate about fostering strong engineering practices and processes.
- Experience scaling or working on high-scale web applications.
The ideal candidate will fall into one of the profiles below:
- 3 yrs of experience working on or leading a team responsible for the financial health of an application.
- 6 yrs of experience in Payments / Ecommerce where you were the leader of a development team
- 6 yrs of experience with using Ruby and/or Rails and have worked on large applications in the past
- 1 year of experience leading development teams; predominantly made up of Ruby developers
- You’ve worked with the Stripe API and have used it on high-scale applications.
- Past experience working in e-commerce or health-tech sector