Technical Director, Data Systems
Ottawa, Canada 19 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2021-05-31
Stop Publishing: 2021-06-30
We’re seeking a Technical Director, Data Systems to oversee the technical direction of our Data function and help us scale our data systems. The Data team is both a support function and strategic partner at our company and will be a key area of investment in the future. Data is used to drive effective planning and decision making all the way from exploration of opportunities, to hypothesis testing and goal setting, to the measurement of results and iteration. We will invest heavily in the coming years to make data more accessible to our internal teams and to leverage it within our application to provide our practitioners and patients with data-driven tools and experiences.
Reporting to the VP of Data Analytics, the Technical Director will be responsible for high-level technical leadership related to the integration of our Reporting, Data Science and Data Engineering functions and the architecture of our data warehouse. The role requires strong technical leadership in data governance, modern data ingestion techniques, scale and automation of our data pipelines and cloud-native data infrastructure. We’re looking for an intentional, purpose-driven leader, that can provide solutions to complex problems and help define the roadmap for the future and scalability of our data systems.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.
What you’ll do:
- Own and drive the overall technical vision, planning and design architecture for the integration of (3) of our data teams (data engineering, data science & reporting).
- Design robust analytical data models for downstream reporting and analytics, in-app visualizations and data-driven product features.
- Take responsibility for the overall design and implementation of advanced data products with a focus on data quality, integrity and security.
- Work collaboratively with the data engineering team to architect the flow of data from various sources into the warehouse.
- Provide technical oversight for upstream data systems with the goals of strong data governance and ease of integration.
- Support growth initiatives while maintaining the technical health of our data systems.
- Collaboratively build the technology roadmap with the VP of Data Analytics and technical leads to ensure that our data systems can continue to scale to meet the demands of the business.
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
- Proven experience leading data engineering, data science and business intelligence teams.
- Extensive experience working with relational and non-relational databases, data warehouses, data lakes and cloud-based architecture.
- Expert knowledge of common ETL patterns, architectures and processes.
- Deep understanding and experience with data governance concepts.
- Familiarity with container-native workflow engines.
- Strong knowledge of AI/ML, Natural Language Processing and related technologies.
- Experienced with rapid growth and constantly shifting challenges and priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, with both technical and business stakeholders.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working with an ERP system, such as Netsuite.
- Experience with a CRM tool such as Salesforce.
- Experience with Looker.
- Interest or experience in Health Tech, Integrative Medicine, or supplements.
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means company teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Interested applicants please forward your resume to Jasmine Liu email@example.com