Staff Diagnostics Software Engineer
Ottawa, Canada 18 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2021-06-01
Stop Publishing: 2021-07-07
The successful candidate will join Infinera as a Staff Diagnostics Software Engineer, as part of a design team responsible for developing leading-edge Optical Communication sub-systems.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working with cross-functional teams to deliver detailed board-level and system-level diagnostic specifications, using those specifications to design and develop diagnostic suite for board bring-up, functional and manufacturing tests.
- Developing creative solutions to complex problems, taking ownership and meeting the project objectives.
- Experience developing diagnostic or embedded software for network communication systems using C++ or C.
- Experience with devices used in network communication products, such as L2/L3 switches, GE/10GE PHYs, Power PC, DDR-SDRAM, FPGA/CPLD, SerDes and Framers.
- Experience with best practice software engineering process, including documentation, modeling, design, development and QA.
- Proven track record of developing quality products, on time.
- Experience with complex ASIC and board bring-up, boot code, RTOS BSP, device driver and embedded software programming.
- Experience with debug and test tools such as JTAG, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Detailed knowledge of communication buses and interfaces used in networking products, such as MDIO, I2C, SPI, PCIe, CAUI-4/10, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of networking and communication protocols, such as SONET/SDH, OTN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and etc.
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience as a software developer, including at least 3 years developing diagnostic or embedded software for network communication products.
- Good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- BSCS or BSCE.