Solutions Support Engineer
ID #; 20TP1214SSE
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Term: Full time-permanent
High Tech Genesis is looking for a Support Engineer who will support virtualized edge solutions for our service provider and enterprise customers with an excellent customer experience. If you are a self-starter, problem solver and can work efficiently under pressure and perform a variety of tasks in a start-up mode then we want to hear from you!
1. Provide both post-sales and pre-sales solution support activities.
2. Support orchestration, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtual Network Functions elements.
3. Carry out testing of solutions along with troubleshooting techniques to identify and resolve issues.
4. Perform root cause analysis of issues.
5. Perform solution life cycle management activities: evaluation and impact assessment of revisions to solution components. Assist in the validation of solution configurations and release updates.
6. Contribute to the knowledge base and competency development of the team
7. Create documentation and knowledge sharing content/competency development for colleagues, partners, and clients.
8. Assist with staging and demonstration of proof of concepts (PoC) for customers and customer clients.
9. Identify and create processes and tools and other improvements to optimize the capabilities of the practice.
10. Provide status and resolution communication to both internal and external stakeholders
• 7+ years of experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field;
• 2+ years of NFV/VNF application experience;
• technical skill and experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtualized Network Functions (VNF);
• competent with enterprise VNF’s such as firewall, SBC, router, load-balancer, and SD-WAN;
• certification or familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack, VMWare, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds;
• Network testing methodologies including test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent;
• VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge;
• Experience performing cloud deployments and migrations;
• proficiency in a technical support role with an equipment vendor, software vendor, or systems integrator for multi-vendor solutions; and
• Rest API, automation, and scripting skills are valuable including Ansible, Gitlab CI, JSON, and Python.
Nice to have:
• a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
• understanding of ethernet and IP networks: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security
• excellent written and verbal communications skills
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Please forward an MS Word version of your resume to email@example.com