ID #; 20TP1214SA
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Term: Full time-permanent
High Tech Genesis is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our award-winning team!
1. Define and create best-in-class capabilities of the practice for solution design, implementation, validation, and support including solution life-cycle management and VNF on-boarding and validation.
2. Provide technical and commercially aware leadership to scope and design systems integration projects including architecture, project resourcing, and other elements of industrialized offerings along with well-defined client project specific statements of work (SoW).
3. Guide and influence technology partner and ecosystem relationships.
4. Prepare project deliverables including presentations, solution descriptions, top-level designs, and other documentation.
5. Provide insights to optimize our strategy, tactics, and roadmaps.
6. Create content and lead sessions on architecture design, implementation planning, and proof of concepts (PoCs).
• 10+ years of experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field with responsibilities in systems engineering, service solutions, product/service management, consulting, or systems integration delivery roles;
• Deep technical knowledge and experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtualized Network Functions (VNF);
• Experience with enterprise VNF’s such as firewall, SBC, router, load-balancer, and SD-WAN is required;
• Network Service Design experience. Use of network service descriptors (NSD) and Virtual Network Function Descriptors (VNFD). Day 0, Day 1, and Day N requirements;
• NMS/EMS/OSS/BSS operations and service assurance knowledge is valuable;
• certification in software tools for building and managing cloud computing platforms for public and private clouds, such as OpenStack, VMWare, Linux, and public clouds; and
• VNF and NFVi testing methodologies and tools knowledge: ONAP, OPNFV, ETSI NFV ISG, ONF, Ixia, Spirent, and automation.
Nice to have:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
• Expertise in ethernet and IP networks is required: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security
• understanding of DevOps and agile development methodologies
• demonstrated thought leadership along with corresponding work products such as white papers, presentations, published articles, blueprints
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Please forward an MS Word version of your resume to email@example.com