Software License and Compliance Specialist (Job Req. #2021-201)
WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
Software License & Compliance Specialist
Dept: IT - 120
Reports to: Team Lead, IT Help Desk
Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
Working in the Corporate Information Technology team located in Ottawa, the Software License & Compliance Specialist will have worldwide responsibilities to support every area of our rapidly growing employee base with key focus on managing enterprise-wide IT software licenses and hardware maintenance agreements. This role will be the primary contributor to the software licensing compliance program. You will be part of a core team that directly contributes to Ross Video’s success!
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Manage enterprise-wide compliance with all software license agreements by monitoring and enforcing proper software usage policies and guidelines.
- Conduct internal software audits to identify variances between deployed and licensed software; ensure deployed software aligns with the quantity and licensing models purchased, rectify variances between deployed and licensed software.
- Manage vendor compliance audits as required.
- Oversee the purchase of all new software licenses; ensure appropriate quantities and licensing models are purchased.
- Track and renew all existing hardware and software maintenance and support contracts.
- Ensure retention of all proof-of-license documentation.
- Participate in negotiating new software vendor license agreements, negotiate changes to existing agreements.
- Evaluate and recommend options to reduce licensing costs.
- Reporting the status of all licenses for employees or groups of employees as needed.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement methods, policies, processes, best practices, techniques, technologies, and tools for software license management.
- Provide yearly reports of all software subscriptions and hardware and software maintenance and support renewals for budgeting purposes for the following year.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Background in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant experience.
- Ability to adapt and accelerate in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Team player but able to work independently
- Organized, thorough, and very detail orientated
- High initiative and well-developed analytical skills
- Technical, hands-on person
- 1-3yrs hands on experience with software asset and vendor management
- Familiar with standard licensing models
- Working knowledge of asset management and service management tools such as Quest KACE.
- Working knowledge of reporting and discovery tools used for software license management and compliance.
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) certification an asset
- Experience in a research and development environment an asset
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record, a reliable vehicle is a must
- Travel between Ottawa and Iroquois when required
- Office environment
Office, Moderate Noise
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you have integrity, commitment, and a drive to get results? Then Ross is the place for you, and we'd like to hear from you.