Software Engineer ID #; 7AP0315SE
Location: Ottawa/ Toronto Ontario
Term: Full time Salary Scale: TBD
High Tech Genesis is looking for a Software Engineer to join our challenging and rewarding team and who is passionate about our work. Responsibilities: • Develop and deliver features for the Provisioning, Service Monitoring and Assurance areas of the product.
• Develop and deliver features on time and with quality.
• Contribute to work being done for Platform Scalability, Redundancy, High Availability
• Design and develop RESTful APIs for highly scalable SaaS deployments.
• Design and implement data models using NoSQL technologies like Cassandra and Redis.
• Extend and maintain the current automated testing strategy to expand and validate the current set of solutions before being released to our customers.
• Responsible for deployment of containerized platform services using Kubernetes.
• Extend the overall BSS/OSS platform integration capability with 3 rd party products.
• Improve platform monitoring aspects by integrating the current service health capability with monitoring and alerting systems.
• Work with Architecture and business stakeholders to plan and design new solutions that enable fast deployment of cloud-based networking services for both Enterprises and Service Providers customer.
• Design and document technical specifications that will be used to communicate and validate the overall capability of a use case.
• Execute, maintain and add unit/regression tests during the development phase.
• Subject the system to perforce and stress testing to identify areas that will require improvements.
• Participate in design sessions to support and validate ideas for possible solutions.
• Peer reviews to ensure that new feature will comply to the development standard and best practices.
• Develop and manage the overall continuous integration process.
• Write tests that validate the overall acceptance criteria for a given feature.
• Work in an Agile environment using Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 10+ years of experience in software development
• 5+ years of experience in the development of large distributed enterprise applications (scalable, reliable, available, distributed)
• Proficient level knowledge of Java, J2EE, Spring, Servlets, JSPs, Go, Python
• Adept level knowledge of SOA and Java Web Services - REST, SOAP, XML, XSL, JSON
• Good knowledge of the following technologies: Kafka, Redis.io, Consul, Vault
• Experience working with NoSQL databases like Cassandra
• In-depth knowledge of virtualization tech: Docker, Openstack, VNF, SDN
• Skilled with basic networking protocols
• Familiarity with build process and tools like Gradle, Jenkins, Git
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process Desirable Skills:
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
• Self-starter and works well with others
• Ability to work under pressure
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process. Note 4: Please submit a MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position. Please forward a MS Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org