Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing software engineer for a position developing a cloud-based platform for our Cloud Platform solution. The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering the world’s first telecom grade cloud platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities. Our Cloud Platform technology is currently deployed with major service providers globally and is undergoing expansion to provide a cloud native platform for containerized applications in addition to supporting virtual machines and bare metal nodes.
- Develop leading edge, high performance cloud and container technologies for the Edge.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, Ceph, etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, VM management and fault tolerant/carrier grade development.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Contribute to a highly available, carrier grade platform which will be the platform of choice for 5G vendors.
- Develop and deliver high quality designs and code.
- Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experience with Linux software development
- Excellent programming skills using Python and C/C++
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes. Development experience with containers and/or cloud based technologies including OpenStack would be an asset
- Exposure to other languages (SQL, XML, Go, scripting) would be an asset.
- Contribution to the open source community would be an asset
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree)
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in software development