WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
What the job is all about…
Reporting to the R&D Tools Specialist, the successful candidate will contribute to the administration, maintenance, support and evaluation of R&D development tools and build systems. You will be part of the R&D Tools team providing centralized support of development tools across different R&D teams with diverse tools and environments. You will not only react to issues, but also anticipate problems and proactively provide solutions. Under the guidance of the current R&D Tools Specialist, you will work and closely with product developers, verification specialists, R&D managers and IT specialists. You will have the opportunity to work with people on different Ross Video product lines and exposed to a variety of new technologies. This position is located at our Ottawa Research and Development Facility.
What you will do…
- Manage and maintain configuration management tools
- Manage and maintain software development build servers
- Manage and maintain development tools such as bug tracking tools, code inspection and analysis tools, test management tools, and team collaboration tools
- Contribute to the strategic direction of tools & systems in the R&D community
- Proactively anticipate problems and propose solutions
- Promote the development tools and technology sharing among different development teams
- Perform other related duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary training in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant work experience
- Proficient in Linux/Unix administration including software installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Proficient in software installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting on Windows platforms
- Proficient in administering and configuring on-premise Jira installations
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools including SVN
- Working knowledge of Jenkins
- Working knowledge of GitLab Server Administration
- Working knowledge of Virtual Machines and Cloud Based Development environments
- Working knowledge of IP Networking
- Programming skills in both Linux and Windows environment using scripting languages
- SQL programming skill
- Experience with Oracle VM VirtualBox, VMWare vSphere, SVN, Git, Eclipse IDE, and static code analysis tools such as Coverity
- Linux familiarity with both RedHat and Ubuntu
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Fast learner. Be able to learn a new tool or technology quickly
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and persuasion skills
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you have integrity, commitment, and a drive to get results? Then Ross is the place for you, and we'd like to hear from you.