This Company is a global leader in the development of customized solutions for identification, border security, excise control, currency, and lottery operations. Our customers are domestic and foreign governments, and together we work to design, launch and support the technologically advanced secure documents and information systems that protect borders, safeguard national currencies, and generate revenue for government social initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
You will play an integral part in making the world a more secure place as you test, validate and ensure the operability of customized, secure technology solutions that we design for governments around the globe. Problem solvers will thrive in this role as you will be continually challenged by the complexity and uniqueness of each customer’s system and its inherent requirements.
If you are looking for variety, you will find it at this organization as you work on high-profile, complex border management systems, identity management systems and motor vehicle information systems. You’ll get to work on leading-edge technology like facial recognition systems, and you’ll be exposed to a variety of contemporary testing tools, techniques and approaches as you do it.
What will you do?
• Design, develop and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for each test level based on system requirements and design documents.
• Identify, deploy and configure hardware, system components, device drivers and third-party software to create a test environment that is a close replica of the target production environment
• Analyze test results and identify, log and track all issues (bugs, defects, errors, etc.) and deliver weekly testing status updates to the software project manager.
• Troubleshoot issues – search log files to find the point of failure; try to reproduce the issue; submit your findings via bug tracking tool to the appropriate developer or DBA; monitor issue and ensure it is fixed.
What will help you succeed?
Our ideal candidate possesses a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and practical experience working in a testing capacity. If you are genuinely passionate about technology and dedicated to continually learning and developing your skills, you will be successful.
• Development methodology – Waterfall or SCRUM
• RDBMS, SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
• Scripting languages – Python, Pearl
• OS – Linux, Windows 7/10
• Bug tracking systems – JIRA
• Self-directed learner
• Attention to detail, with a flare of creativity
• A passion for helping people
• Expert organizational skills
• Good judgement to know what is important
• The ability to obtain, and maintain, Government of Canada Secret (Level II) clearance;
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team, your job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer’s success stories. So, if you’re looking for the chance to work for a global company, explore new opportunities, and to deliver exceptional work to our customers, we want to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, this company is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. This company is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.