IT Support Specialist (Edmonton, AB)
Edmonton, Canada 18 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2021-06-01
Stop Publishing: 2021-07-31
- Responsible for regional/office network implementation and maintenance, including WAN/LAN/Voice solution design, network equipment configurations and deployment, network system troubleshooting and health checking.
- Responsible for system implementation and maintenance, including windows server system, web application system, database and storage system.
- Responsible for IT infrastructure construction and maintenance, including IT server room, structure cabling system, video conference system, UPS etc.
- Responsible for service provider quotation, biding, negotiation and supervising the engineering work provided by service provider.
- Responsible for desktop/laptop provision, prepare corporate standard OS/Software/Application and security settings before distribute to end users.
- Responsible for user training on IT platforms/OA/Application/Services.
- Network and server system maintenance and troubleshooting. IT infrastructure maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Implement IT standard/policy in responsible offices. Analyze business requirement and initial the IT project to satisfy the requirement.
- Build IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, server room, cabling, door access control/CCTV etc. IT service incident management, availability management, capacity management, continuity management, data backup and recovery etc.
- Help desk support for users, including desktop support, printer machine support, IT training etc.
- 3+ years of a related work experience along with a related educational background
- Mandarin fluency is an asset
- Proficient in TCP/IP technologies
- Familiar with WAN technologies, knows corporate-level network architecture, knows data communications such as Frame Relay, PPP and MPLS. Proficient in routing protocols and configurations, such as BGP, OSPF etc. Familiar with Huawei routers is preferred.
- Familiar with LAN technologies, knows building-level LAN architecture. Proficient in common LAN protocols and configurations, such as VLAN, STP etc. Familiar with Huawei swithches is preferred.
- Familiar with Windows server systems, such as AD (Active Directory), DNS, DHCP, Web server, SQL server etc. Proficient in server troubleshooting and maintenance. Knows disk arrays, SAN/NAS storage etc.
- Skillful in IT infrastructure items, such as server room facilities, structure cabling system, UPS, door access control/CCTV, air conditioning etc.
- Optimistic, pro-active, team player