Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Department: Software Development
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Term: Full-Time Continuing
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
This company is a successful, Ottawa-based software company in the life sciences field. They are dedicated to positively impacting the future of evidence-based research by helping our users conduct high-quality systematic literature reviews faster and more efficiently.
The Product is a SaaS platform used globally by researchers, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, governments, NGOs, and academic institutions to deliver life-changing evidence-based research faster and more efficiently. Our software combines proprietary data management, workflow, and AI technologies that are fundamentally changing the way researchers conduct systematic literature reviews.
Do you have a passion for developing amazing software?
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our diverse and talented team. Your mission: to help us to implement innovative features to improve our SaaS product.
If you are looking to make an impact on global health care research, drop us a line.
- Work independently and collaboratively with Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure teams
- Build, and maintain high traffic applications/services; responsible for system requirements, design, full-stack development, testing, deployment, support and operational aspects of the application
- Troubleshoot production issues across services/applications
- Participate in code reviews and pull requests
- Function as part of an agile scrum team
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
- Experience working with and building REST APIs
- Understanding of application security requirements e.g. XSS protection, CSRF, Content Security Policies, SQL Injection protection with implementation as standard practice
- Comfortable with Unit Testing and Integration Testing (Selenium and Behat)
- Strong communicator and self-starter
- You have in-depth knowledge of AWS
- You have previously worked with a SaaS product
- Experience with Linux, microservices architecture, Kubernetes
- Developing is more than just a job – it’s a passion
- Challenges are your bread and butter – it wouldn’t be fun if it was easy
- A positive attitude with an interest in expanding responsibilities
- Willing to relocate (this job is in Ottawa, ON, Canada))
This company believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company. To attract the best and brightest to our team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages as well as a fun and stimulating work environment. Some of our perks include:
- Exceptional career growth opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits from day one
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Free snacks, drinks and fresh fruit
They are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated and committed to recruiting and selecting applicants on the basis of their qualifications. We strive to increase our diversity and encourage applications from all candidates that meet any of our requirements. Evidence Partners does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, gender, disability, age, or other protected statuses. We are focused on equality and believe that increasing diversity of thought and lived experience makes us stronger together.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs to be known to us in their application.
Please note: all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Relocation assistance is not provided. Send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
**** Full Stack Developer
- 2+ years in Software Development.
- Understanding of application security requirements, e.g. XSS protection, CSRF, Content Security Policies, SQL Injection protection with implementation as standard practice.
- Asset: In-depth knowledge of AWS. Asset: Previous work with Saas products.