The POTS Datapath software group is seeking multiple embedded software engineers with experience in designing and developing embedded carrier-grade software on custom hardware platforms. As a member of the team, the successful candidate will participate in all states of the software development life cycle, including:
- New product introduction, enhancements of existing software as well as development of new features;
- Design and develop “C” software for hardware abstraction layer and to enable datapath for applications such as Layer 2, MPLS and IP Datapath;
- Write software which runs on an embedded Linux/VxWorks platform.
- Participate in backlog defect reduction;
- Troubleshoot issues and work with hardware, software and system engineers to identify the root cause;
- Help investigate and collect information to resolve process or design issues found in the codebase;
- Identify software performance improvements through test driven development, automated unit testing, and comprehensive integration testing.
Must have Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5 - 10+ years’ work experience (Dependent on level) focused on embedded software development;
- Extensive C programming language experience;
- Experience with developing software on multi-processor, highly concurrent systems;
- Experience with real-time, embedded software development for some or all of the following data plane technologies:
- Fastpath hardware (ASICs, NPUs, FPGAs, TCAMs) Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding engines;
- Data-plane services including high-speed link and traffic management.
- Ability to work in a lab environment and integrate software onto custom and off-the-shelf data plane hardware components such as ASICs, NPUs, FPGAs and TCAMs and associated SDKs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of mutual exclusion, synchronization, interrupt handling, inter-process communication, etc.;
- Ability to seek out answers and work independently;
- Positive work attitude, highly motivated and a willingness to learn;
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills;
- Collaborates well in a team environment;
- Independent self-starter and commitment to delivering on aggressive deadlines.
- Experience with Broadcom DNX/DNXF/XGS packet processing chipsets;
- Familiarity with synchronization solutions such as syncE, IEEE-1588;
- Agile development experience.