You will be part of a team of 150+ employees dedicated to product development with engineering hubs in Toronto, Montreal, and Victoria.
As a software engineer on our Cloud product, you will be a member of a product delivery team with responsibility for several areas of the application. Working with your colleagues from the product team and your engineering manager, you’ll be responsible for scoping your work, ensuring that you understand its goals and requirements, and designing & implementing it.
Working with your team’s senior engineers, you will be responsible for contributing to the product-wide technical roadmap, matching our aspirations with our technical capabilities. You will build security and performance into all you do, and will be on the vanguard of our move to continuous software delivery.
Our Cloud is written in Python and PHP on the back-end, uses Vue.js on the front-end. You will spend the majority of your time working on one of these languages, being open to learning and doing smaller pieces of work in the others.
In this role you will:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software with a high level of quality, sitting as member of a development team
- Participate in code reviews to improve your skills and foster technical innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability and scalability
- Monitor your applications in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering
- Contributing to the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of new technologies and industry trends
- In the future, participate in an on-call rotation (that respects your time) to support your team’s software
- Degree or diploma in computer science or engineering, or demonstrated learning experience
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
- Pride in your work