This Employer is a global leader in the development of customized solutions for identification, border security, excise control, currency, and lottery operations. Our customers are domestic and foreign governments, and together we work to design, launch and support the technologically advanced secure documents and information systems that protect borders, safeguard national currencies, and generate revenue for government social initiatives.
What’s In It For You?
This company is an organization that is predicated upon continuous improvement, and that extends to our employees. We want to see you grow and will support you in that pursuit. You’ll also get to play with some pretty cool technologies along the way!
Your challenge will be to administer our growing Microsoft Azure cloud services, and well as our on-prem infrastructure. You will perform day-to-day operational activities as well as lead Cloud or on-prem technology projects.
What Will You Do?
Reporting to the Director of Information Systems, you will get to play a lead role in progressing our cloud strategy with an emphasis on providing better or easier ways to manage our global IT landscape.
- Administer - Plan, implement, troubleshoot and maintain cloud infrastructure and services on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Administer - Plan, implement, troubleshoot and maintain local on-premise infrastructure including Microsoft Windows and Vmware
- Support - Ensure all IT infrastructure (Local or Cloud) are administered with emphasis on availability, reliability, security and scalability
- Collaborate -Work on cross-team initiatives with other Corporate IT teams such as IT Networking, IT Security Department and/or the Corporate Development team.
- Manage - Administer Cloud Software-as-a-Service, Commercial off-the-shelf systems, and custom-developed software systems
- Develop - Cloud administration and management tools/practices to automate and improve the efficiencies of our current and new systems
- Play a key role - In the establishment of cloud governance frameworks and management controls.
- Plan, Deploy, install, upgrade and maintain the system and cloud infrastructure.
- Identify, Propose and Implement- opportunities for process and service improvements.
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve and coordinate resolution - For any technical issues; coordinating cross members team or external support providers as necessary.
What Will Help You Succeed?
Success in this position will require a diversified set of skills, attained either through education or relevant work experience. Beneficial knowledge and experience are listed below – but don’t despair if you don’t have them all – so long as you are passionate about technology and have an appetite for learning, we still want to hear from you!
- Azure AD
- O365 Administration
- Cloud Security
- Cloud Governance
- Automation Scripting ie; PowerShell
- Active Directory
- Storage Management
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, Microsoft Cloud Administration certifications are considered an asset.
- Strong Windows and Linux Operating System management experience
- Ability to work independently as well as a team or cross-functionally
- Ability to research and provide solutions to problems
- Continuous learner
- Ability to managing shifting priorities
- Project Management
- The ability to obtain and maintain Government of Canada Secret (Level II) clearance;
- The ability to travel domestically/internationally as required;
- A passion and love of technology!
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team at your job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer’s success stories. So, if you’re looking for the chance to work for a global technology company, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, this Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. This company is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.