Reporting to the Manager of Online Merchandising, the Chinese Online Merchandising Specialist is a key member of the Online Merchandising team, responsible for improving the shopping experience on the Chinese (Language) & China (Geography) website and app. He/she will analyze web performance, build roadmaps for key product discovery journeys, and deliver a best-in-class customer experience leading to improved add-to-cart rates, conversion rates, and revenue per session. A successful candidate will strive to ensure consistency and optimal customer experiences across the desktop and mobile shopping platforms and identify opportunities through critical analyses, and rigorous testing.
Convert Insights to Actions - 50%
- Conduct ongoing category & product performance analysis, and translate insights into strategic action plans through data-driven business cases and A/B tests
- Analyze in-season commercial performance by tracking sales & behavioral data, identifying low-hanging fruits. Spearhead robust action plans to accelerate business by collaborating with key stakeholders across different functions.
- Create / Update weekly reports of performance KPIs, including sales performance, seasonal category performance, user behaviour, site metrics.
Manage on-site content - 25%
- Coordinate with internal business and product stakeholders to create localized product hierarchy, site layout, listing pages, navigation, landing pages, site search optimization, and UX flows
- Assist the product and development teams in QA. Follow through on bugs from identification to resolution.
- Regularly audit the entire online listing to ensure a seamless end to end user flow
Contribute to a unified merchandising strategy - 25%
- Co-create a feature optimization roadmap in tandem with the different product teams to capitalize on the different merchandising opportunities
- Develop an on-site merchandising framework to ensure a seamless browsing experience with products shown at the highest standard
- Create and execute up-sell and cross-sell strategies to drive top website metrics (Conversion Rate, Revenue per Session, and Average Order Value)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related analytical field
- A minimum of 2-year experience in digital commerce and/or digital marketing. Experience in the Chinese E-commerce market is an asset
- A minimum of 1-year experience in web/digital analytics with major web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Proficiency with A/B and/or multivariate testing including knowledge of testing methodologies and evaluation techniques is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets and Microsoft PowerPoint / Google Slides
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese, French an asset
- Highly analytical
- Strong ability to synthesize key insights from a multitude of data sources and present ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Proven attention to detail, thoroughness in approach, and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively with diverse skill sets, including more creative roles
- Strong interest and knowledge of the luxury fashion industry (brands, designers, customers) is an asset