Business Analyst - Data Warehouse
Ottawa, Canada 19 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2021-05-31
Stop Publishing: 2021-06-30
We’re seeking a Business Analyst to help us translate business requirements into data warehouse designs. The Data team is both a support function and strategic partner at Fullscript and will be a key area of investment in the future. Data is used to drive effective planning and decision making all the way from exploration of opportunities, to hypothesis testing and goal setting, the measurement of results and iteration. We will invest heavily in the coming years to make data more accessible to our internal teams and to leverage it within our application to provide our practitioners and patients with data-driven tools and experiences.
Reporting to the VP of Data Analytics, the Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering, defining and documenting business requirements to guide data warehouse development releases. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, good project management skills and be a confident communicator. The Business Analyst will be responsible for providing project management oversight for Data Warehouse projects such as new reporting requirements and the evolution of existing infrastructure and will write the reporting requirements for major projects and releases.
What you’ll do:
- Lead data warehouse architecture discovery and planning, interviewing stakeholders to understand business needs and collect data requirements.
- Coordinate the prioritization and execution of the data warehousing roadmap as it relates to company needs and overall data strategy.
- Provide project management for Data Warehouse releases and maintenance requests from inception through delivery, including data mapping, scoping of releases, timeline estimates, adherence to requirements, and delivery expectations.
- Research and troubleshoot downstream Data Warehouse issues, providing Level 1 support to our internal data teams including querying Data Warehouse tables, confirming data values in various source systems and analyzing source to target mappings.
- Develop a high-level understanding of company’s internal data systems and sources to identify opportunities for additional data integrations and enhancement of existing architecture.
- Work with internal data teams to build and maintain high-quality documentation of database architecture, including business requirements, entity-relationship diagrams, technical specifications, and data dictionaries.
- Assist in the warehouse QA process, reviewing test cases and performing user acceptance testing.
What you bring to the team:
- 3+ years of related experience in a Data Warehouse business analyst role, including researching, requirement gathering, testing and documentation of Data Warehouse systems.
- Working knowledge of enterprise data architectures and toolsets, including relational, non-relational, 3NF, dimensional and event-based models.
- Excellent knowledge of the designs and functions of effective Data Warehouse solutions.
- Experience with data governance and data quality management.
- Ability to write intermediate SQL queries and to understand technical specifications to ensure proposed solutions meet business requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management life cycle and business analysis best practices. Proven ability to gather requirements effectively, document and report requirements effectively.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in B2B or SaaS, working in a high-growth environment.
- Experience with Looker.
- Experience working with an ERP system, such as Netsuite.
- Experience with a CRM tool such as Salesforce.
- Interest or experience in Health Tech, Integrative Medicine, or supplements.
Interested applicants please forward your resume to Jasmine Liu email@example.com